Academy I: The Foundation of Labor Relations
Academy I provides participants with resources to achieve a better understanding of the basic principles and practices of labor relations.
Academy II: The Grievance Arbitration Process
Academy II teaches participants about the role of arbitration in union management relations from the perspectives of the practitioner, the arbitrator and the advocate.
Academy III: The Negotiation Process
Academy III focuses on the negotiations process through classroom teaching as well as a negotiation simulation involving economic, reclassification and benefit issues that give participants an opportunity to sharpen their negotiating skills.
In addition to our certification program, National PELRA offers elective academies that focus on specific issues within the public sector labor relations profession. Elective academies are not a required part of the CLRP®process but are an opportunity to further advance your career in the field of Labor Relations and Human Resources.
This Academy will explore the investigatory process from who should conduct the investigation, legal issues to beware of, how to order and structure investigatory interviews and how to generate an end product .
Costing a Labor Contract
Costing a Labor Contract focuses on the concepts and techniques for determining the value and cost of employer and union proposals, and the terms of the contract settlement.
To complete the CLRP® process!
National PELRA now offeres two methods! You have the choice of either writing a labor relations paper, or you may take a multiple choice in-person exam. See below for details on both options.
- Submit verification form
- Topic/outline will be reviewed by committee
- Notification of topic/outline approval
- Prepare/write paper. Prior to submitting paper, work with your assigned Essay Review Panel to review and comment. Revise and rewrite. Proofread.
- Submit draft of paper
- Paper will be then reviewed by the Academy Essay Review Committee
- You will receive recognition of approval, or notice to revise and resubmit
- Receive certification of CLRP®, which begins your 3 year certification period.
- Submit your registration online. You will be asked to provide the date and location of each Academy attended.
- Academy attendance will be verified.
- Further detail will be provided to you in advance of the CLRP® exam.
- Take the exam.
- After the exam, you will receive notice of pass/fail.
- If you pass, you will receive your CLRP® certification which begins your 3 year certification period.
Advance your Career through National PELRA's CLRP® Certification!
How Will It Help?
- Increases your value to your employer;
- Raises your professional standards;
- Demonstrates commitment to the public sector labor relations/human resources profession; and...
- Identifies you as the public sector labor relations/human resources professional most capable of meeting emerging challenges!
It is designed for anyone who wants..
- To include this impressive certification on a resume
- To understand the basics of labor/management relations
- To be prepared to negotiate a comprehensive labor agreement
- To understand the arbitration process
- To refresh and update his or her skills
- A broader knowledge of labor relations
National pelra labor relations academy recertification program
NPELRA’s Recertification Program for Certified Labor Relations Professional (CLRP®) is an ongoing certification process to encourage participants to seek professional growth and development. As a national organization designed for public sector labor relations and human resources professionals, we support continual learning throughout our careers.
As a professional organization, ongoing professional development improves our organization and the skills of its members. To promote continued learning, a recertification program has been implemented. Through professional development, leadership, research and day-to-day work, participants earn credits to maintain their certification. A variety of areas of continuing education and leadership opportunities have been identified through which certification may be maintained.