Excellence In Labor Relations Award Information
Minnesota Public Employer Labor Relations Association
Excellence in Labor Relation Award
The Minnesota Public Employers Labor Relations Association (MPELRA) presents the Excellence in Labor Relations Award. This annual award is to be given to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the management role in public sector labor relations during their career. The Excellence in Labor Relations Award represents MPELRA’s highest acknowledgement of the recipient’s dedication and achievement in the development of positive labor-management relations. It signifies professional efforts resulting in successful labor relation over an extended period of time. The following criteria and eligibility requirements have been established and will be used to evaluate the nominations.
The nominee must have demonstrated his/her commitment to public sector labor relations in developing successful responses to new and unusual challenges. This may include leadership roles in meeting the challenges for his/her employer, professional organizations, or developing, sponsoring, or promoting progressive legislation.
A nominee must demonstrate he/she has contributed to the field of public sector labor relations. The nominee’s contributions should have evolved and occurred over a number of years rather than a single dramatic event. However, individuals accomplishing the latter may also be considered. Contributions may also include professional papers or articles as well as participation in MPELRA. A nominee may also demonstrate his/her professional accomplishments for addressing unique challenges or assuming a strategic role in resolving major conflicts or organizational changes.
The nominee must also demonstrate he/she achieved success as a professional in public sector labor relations over a number of years. The majority of the nominee’s experience should be in the public sector. This experience can be demonstrated through a career of increases responsibilities and/or demonstrate abilities to meet challenges through contributions which are innovative and which establish stable and effective relationships between management and labor.
• The nominee must be an active or once active member of MPELRA for at least five years.
• The nominee may not be a current board member of MPELRA.
• Nominations must be for individual MPELRA members (or former longtime members). Organizations or jurisdictions are not eligible.
Excellence in Labor Relations Award 2022 (awarded in 2023)
• Active MPELRA members may submit nominations.
• Entries should be submitted on the attached application. If additional space is needed, please limit the information to one additional sheet.
• Nominations should focus on the award criteria and clearly outline the nominee’s achievements in these areas.