Why You Should Recertify
National PELRA's Recertification Program for Certified Labor Relations Professionals (CLRP®) is an ongoing certification process to encourage participants to seek continued professional growth and development. Because the HR profession is constantly changing and evolving, it is important for certified professionals to continually update their HR competencies and knowledge. As a national organization designed for public sector labor relations and human resources professionals, we support continual learning throughout our careers.
Through professional development, leadership, research and day-to-day work, participants earn credits to maintain their certification, with a minimum of 45 credits required over the three-year certification period. A variety of areas of continuing education and leadership opportunities have been identified through which certification may be maintained.
Those individuals that fail to recertify with 45 credits within the 3-year certification period and any subsequent allowable grace periods will have their CLRP® status revoked and will be required to reapply for CLRP® Certification.
Recertification Timeline & Fees
Upon receiving your CLRP® Certification, your CLRP® 3-year Recertification period will begin. Your initial date of earning your CLRP® will be considered your CLRP® Anniversary date, and will be used as your Recertification Due Date.
If you complete your Recertification earlier than your due date, your end date will not change, but credits cannot be carried over to the next recertification period.
Over the 3-year CLRP® Certification Period, you must earn a minimum of 45 recertification credits and pay the $95 recertification application fee.
A 90-day Recertification grace period is provided. If submitting your CLRP® ReCertification between 1 and 90 days past your Due Date, you will be charged a $55 late fee. If submitting 91-plus days past your Due Date, your CLRP® Status will be revoked, and you will be required to reapply for CLRP® Certification by either writing a CLRP® Professional Paper, or by receiving a passing score on the CLRP® Exam.
- Initial CLRP® Earned on August 3, 2013
- Recertification Due: August 3, 2016
- Recertification Completed: July 2, 2016
- New Recertification Due Date: August 3, 2019
Received approval of your 45-credits and ready to purchase the CLRP Recertification Certificate? CLICK HERE to purchase online.
Ways to Earn Recertification Credits
- Labor Relations/Human Resources Conferences / Seminars
- Online Training
- College/university courses
- National PELRA/State PELRA
- Other National LR/HR association (IPMA, ICMA, SHRM, etc.)
- Other State/Local LR/HR association
- Board of Directors - National PELRA/State PELRA/Other association
- Committee Chair - National PELRA/State PELRA/Other association
- Committee Member - National PELRA/State PELRA/Other association
- Advocacy effort on LR/HR issue
- Presentations and Instruction (Conduct a speech or teach an LR/HR Course)
- Research and Publishing/Publications (Produce an HR/LR article)
- Experiential Learning (Continuous employment in LR/HR field)
- HR/LR Innovations